B&O American Brasserie
2 North Charles Street
Adjacent to Hotel Monaco Baltimore
B&O American Brasserie - Hotel Monaco Reservations
B&O American Brasserie's Sustainable Practices
||Providing our guests an exceptional dining experience and being truly committed to our environmental and social responsibilities are not mutually exclusive aspirations. In fact, our EarthCare practices ensure that both our guests and the world we live in benefit. Our eco-friendly actions include the most fundamental, such as recycling, to steadfastly using only those ingredients that will not harm the earth when they reach the landfill. Our dedication translates directly to the table in flavorful dishes of the highest quality and integrity.|
A proud proponent of Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants EarthCare program, B&O American Brasserie's practices include:
- All kitchen grease and excess cooking oils are recycled into bio-diesel fuel.
- Our chef team dishes feature seasonal organic and local Baltimore ingredients.
- B&O American Brasserie has an in-house filtration system and sells liters of the in-house filtered Natura® Water in order to eliminate selling bottled water.
- All beef is source-verified 100% Angus and tested to be BSE-free.
- When selecting seafood, we adhere to the Monterey Bay Aquarium Seafood Watch program standards.
- B&O American Brasserie serves organic coffee, tea and juices.
- Our wine list includes superb organic and biodynamic selections.
- We use low-flow dishwashing spray valves and faucet aerators in bathrooms and hand-wash stations.
- B&O American Brasserie uses only biodegradable detergents and cleaning supplies.
- Energy efficient lighting is used in kitchen areas, and low-energy LED lighting is used for all exit lights.
- B&O American Brasserie recycles all paper, cardboard, glass, wood, plastic and aluminum products, and does not use Styrofoam for any purpose.
- All take-out containers and utensils are biodegradable and made from unbleached, recycled content.
- All menus are printed on recycled paper with soy ink wherever possible.